Scholars of different specializations wonder if there is any manual on how to write a thesis for dummies. While there is no official instruction on this matter, a few wise suggestions will definitely simplify the process of writing and give you a hint on how to write a killer thesis.
To Create a Successful Work, You Need to Realize the Complex Nature of the Thesis
This kind of paper is much more ambiguous than just a regular statement or sentence: while the latter strive to prove one clear point of view, a thesis often discusses controversial and conflicting matters, analyzing different levels of a certain problem.
Therefore, a thesis can never be one-sided: it always shows different possible points of view, making the readers see the problem wider. Due to this reasons, a thesis is supposed to consist of 2 parts: the one that presents the argument and the one that suggests how this argument should be addressed in the paper.
Thesis Writing Strategy
Thesis structure requires a consecutive and comprehensive approach to writing. The order of actions described below will lead you to a perfect thesis in the end, so read it carefully and follow every step.
1. Review the major sources of literature. It is important to notice any inconsistencies, contradictions or conflicts and bring them to the surface. Weigh all the arguments of the analyzed source and make your own conclusion. In addition, read between the lines and see what the author has implied in the writing. All this information will help you to pose correct questions for your thesis, which is the basis for a successful further research.
2. Note down the formulations that come to your mind. Even if those are just pieces of phrases or separate ideas, do not ignore any of them, as every hint can lead you to the final well-formulated product. You can write the ideas on separate pieces of papers and later search for the final version of your thesis by rearranging these pieces on one surface. This way you will have a visual perception of the chaotic thoughts, which will help to organize them and make them work.
3. Write and rewrite. Once you attempt to formulate your final thesis, do it several times. Even if you are quite satisfied with the very first formulation, rewrite it in several forms to see what else can come out of it. Restating the same argument a few times helps to get a new perspective and come up with fresh words.
4. Place your thesis statement in the opening paragraph. As a rule, it is contained in the last sentence of the first paragraph, serving as gates that open the road to the discussion. This traditional position of a thesis statement is familiar to all the researchers, so stick to it and do not reinvent the wheel.
5. Criticize it for yourself. Write down your thesis on a piece of paper and try to find every possible flaw in it. Anything that comes to your mind will help. Is the formulation unclear? Is the underlying argument weak or flat? Is the thesis not addressing any meaningful problem? Write it all down! It will help to develop the arguments for your paper and address them in your writing, predicting the possible questions of the readers.
By completing these steps, you have approached to the ideal thesis for your work. However, there are still certain aspects to consider. Are you saying, “Help me write my thesis?” – We are doing our best! So just keep reading further.
Good Thesis’ Features
- It should be affirmative. Although a thesis statement does raise certain questions that the paper will address, it can never be put in a form of a question. This would be too obvious and too simple, and these words do not match the definition of a thesis. A good thesis is always affirmative, and there can be no exceptions to this rule.
- It focuses on a narrow issue. A good thesis never mentions too many subjects and always addressed one main issue. It is impossible to cover numerous spheres fully in one paper, and it is impossible to present numerous subjects within one thesis. So cut out all the unimportant details, choose one direction, and place your thesis in it.
- It is always definite and clear. A thesis statement always expresses a certain position, so it has to be firm and well-defined. It claims something, it states something, it expresses something, and it serves as a pillar to the rest of the paper. Therefore, it is your job to make this pillar strong and clear, so that the writing would be based on a powerful foundation.
- It is noticeable. A thesis is never just another sentence that the readers scan and do not pay attention to: it is always a bright statement that stands out of the paragraph, despite being logically connected to it. Avoid standard formulations and cliché phrases! Breathe a fresh life into the expressed argument, making your thesis memorable and impressive. After all, it opens the whole research, so make it sound accordingly.
- It is specific. There should be no hints or underlying meanings in a thesis: this part of your work should be loud and clear, with very specific voicing of the paper’s main idea. So do not go around the theme for too long and cut it to the chase right away.
Best Thesis Writing Service
If you ever googled a phrase “how to write a thesis for dummies”, you probably know how hard it can be to compose a viable thesis statement for a paper, especially for an important one. However, if you cannot cope with something on your own, there is always an option of getting expert help with this issue. The same works with thesis: if you are unable to formulate it, PrimeEssays.com will be pleased to do it for you.
PrimeEssays.com offers the best prices in the market, keeping up with the highest writing standards for all sorts of assignments. With our services, you can be sure to have spent the money on a worthy product. Your paper will be guaranteed authentic, containing not a sentence of plagiarism. The writing will be based on your individual instructions, and we will add your individuality to our writing style. Once you buy a paper at PrimeEssays.com, it is yours: it will never belong to anyone else, and it will have your character!
PrimeEssays.com is proud to have the most responsible and qualified team of writers working on the customers’ orders. Every writer working for us is a certified expert in a certain academic field, which leaves no doubt in his or her ability to provide a high-class paper of any style and format needed. Every order gets its own writer, a person who is most suitable to write about the particular topic. This way, you can be always sure that a real professional is dealing with your assignment.
By ordering from PrimeEssays.com, you grant yourself a stress-free experience and confidence in the ultimate quality of your paper. Your thesis will be the brightest, clearest and most convincing possible, and you will never regret working with our online writing service. Delegate your tasks to our professionals: they know well how to handle the writing process!
Customer Satisfaction First!
PrimeEssays.com has a well-arranged scheme of work, which guarantees outstanding results for every particular customer. The numerous clients’ reviews are the best proves to it, as they show how our dedicated work helped thousands of students worldwide. Every client of ours knows that he or she can count on a royal treatment, with the best customer support team and the most effective writing services.
Therefore, we encourage you to give up all the frustrating attempts to write the thesis and give in to the friendly team of experts who know exactly what to do. Once you order anything from us, you will keep coming back for this attitude and this excellent service that is second to none in the business.
We know it is tough to stay in shape during all the years of studying, which is why we are here to back you up! Just forward your request to us and let us take care of it while you rest or focus on other assignments. Place the order with us and forget about all the thesis-related troubles.