An illustration essay is an academic assignment that requires evoking a picture in the mind of the reader with the help of words. To reach its purpose, such an essay should have a powerful effect on the reader. Such an essay usually contains vivid descriptions of situations, objects, or people in order to help the reader understand the topic in detail.
Essentially, an essay is nothing more than a written account of the writer’s thoughts, ideas, and/or beliefs, and sometimes it provides factual information or opinion supported by evidence. Additionally, there are many types of essay, of which the illustrative essay is just one type. It may be that you are not familiar with this form of writing but, in essence, it is an essay format that allows you to discuss something you believe in and to show – or to illustrate – why you hold a particular belief and even how you developed that belief.
Calculate the price
In fact, illustrative essays are common assignments given to students in English classes. If, for instance, you have been studying a particular text or book as part of your course, your tutor may ask you to provide your opinion of a given character from that text, and to do so in the form of an essay. When you start working on such an assignment, one of your first tasks will be to develop a statement about the character you have been asked to discuss. For example, if you say that character is selfish, you will then need to provide evidence to support your belief in that statement. The following is a relatively straightforward formula you can use for organizing your thoughts for any essay-writing project.
Tips to Follow to Organize your Thoughts when Writing an Illustrative Essay
Start by clearly defining the element, belief, or characteristic you intend to illustrate in your essay. It is important, therefore, that you are certain about what you are going to say so that you can support this statement later. You also need to give some thought to coming up with a few keywords or key phrases (about three) that adequately explain your reasons for believing or not believing in a particular concept, statement, or idea. This process will provide you with a thesis statement for your essay. Using the example in the earlier paragraph, you could then write, “It is obvious the central character in this book is selfish because her only concern is that she has fun, she is immune to the concerns of the children, and she relies on someone else to cover up her mistakes.”
You are now ready to begin writing the introduction paragraph for your essay. Create two or three sentences that provide readers with a broad overview of the idea or belief you intend to illustrate in your paper. Create another two or so sentences that say why other readers and/or writers may feel differently about this than you do. Write your thesis statement, or just add it in if you have already written it, which should include your three main reasons for holding the view that you do.
Your next step is to draft a rough outline upon which to base the remainder of your essay. If it is the case you have already created a central thesis statement showing your three main reasons, then you have the basis of a good outline. Now you just have to develop a separate paragraph around each of your reasons. These paragraphs should provide examples that substantiate and support your reasons and illustrate how you have arrived at the conclusions you have reached. Therefore, to build your essay’s outline, you should write down your first main reasons with, say, two or three ideas or points that show how these support and link back to the central thesis statement. You will now need to repeat this process for the next two main reasons.
Writing the main body paragraphs is the next stage. Each of these paragraphs should begin with two or three sentences that fully explain the main reason contained therein and how this reason helped you reach the conclusion you ultimately came to. Your next task is to add a few sentences (three or four) that give specific and clear examples to support this reason. Again, using the earlier example of the character in the book you are studying, you could possibly say that the character only seems interested in enjoying herself at the present time because, upon arrival, she instantly starts to devise entertainment for herself and the youngsters, and even though it is raining, she seems oblivious to any adverse consequences. At this stage, it would be appropriate to cite evidence and examples from the text. Each individual paragraph should end with an appropriate closing statement or sentence that recalls how the provided examples support the reason outlined in that paragraph.
The final step in the process is writing your essay’s conclusion. You should begin by crafting a sentence or two that reiterates the central thesis statement. The next two or three sentences should point to relevant examples from the main body of your essay. Your last task is to create a final sentence or two that bring your main reasons to a close and lead you smoothly to the conclusions you have come to.
Essay Outline Writing Tips
Essay outline is basically a short summary of paper structure and its main elements. Considering that a standards is usually no longer than 5 paragraphs, you should think about the outline to it as a general plan of a 5-paragraph essay. Before writing an essay outline, it is necessary to identify its main parts, which usually include Introduction (with Thesis), Main Body and Conclusion. These main parts should be represented in the outline.
Key issues to consider while writing essay outline:
- Credible Sources. The success of the paper often depends on the sources used for its writing. As a result, it is extremely important writing process with looking for credible and up-to-date sources. Use credible search engines and databases to find such sources to support your paper. Make notes, which may be useful for paper writing and further outlining.
- Thesis. Thesis is one of the most important elements of the paper, as it serves as a guide for essay writing. It will help you make your paper focused and specific. Besides, if will also help create outline that deals with the main points of the paper.
- Identify Key Points. After you have written the headings for your paper, think about the most essential information in regard to each of them. These key points will become the core of your outline.
- References. Form many paper types, including cause and effect, admission essays, etc., the references are include in the body of the paper. For such types of papers as analytical or reflection papers, citations can be provided in the introductory paragraph.
- Introduction. The importance of the introduction is that it is used to grab attention of the readers and provide brief information on what is going to be discussed in the paper. The most essential points of the introduction should be included in the paper outline.
- Conclusion. Conclusion is the final section of each paper and it should restate thesis, provide suggestions or restate the position taken in the paper. Usually, the last sentence of the conclusion is a summary of the paper’s main goal. This information should be represented in the outline as well.
Since there is a lot of information in the above steps, it is worth recapping on them in more concise form. So, what you have to remember to do is:
- Choose and clearly-define the element or belief you wish to illustrate in your essay.
- Choose three main reasons that have caused you to feel or believe as you do.
- From these three reasons, you should develop your central thesis statement.
- Write the introductory paragraph for your essay.
- Draft a rough outline upon which to base the remainder of your essay. This should contain your three main reasons and any supporting examples/evidence you can find.
- Write your main body paragraphs. Remember to allow a new paragraph for each of your three main reasons.
- Write a strong concluding paragraph that brings your essay to a smooth and logical end.
A Few Additional Tips
- Before you start, make sure you understand all that is required of you, including when the assignment needs to be submitted.
- Understand the page or word count limit, and stick to this as you write.
- Make notes as you read the text you will be basing your essay on. Highlight or annotate any important points as you go along. This will make it easy for you to find quotes and reference materials when you are writing.
- If you have any difficulty generating ideas for your essay, hold a brainstorming session. This is an excellent mechanism for generating ideas and getting your thoughts flowing. It is a technique that is also good for working out the best way to approach your assignment.
- Last but not least, it is important to proofread and revise your paper when it is complete. You may well be a very good writer, but it is usual for a few irritating mistakes to get through. So read back over your work at the end to make sure there are no spelling, punctuation and/or grammar errors. Check content, structure and language usage as well while you are reviewing. The following are a couple of good proofreading techniques:
- Read your paper aloud and even backwards from the end. Reading aloud will allow you to hear how your words sound.
- Ask someone else to read your paper since a fresh pair of eyes may pick up any errors you miss.
Illustrative Essay Sample to Read
Hire a Professional Essay Writer and Enjoy Your Life!
Regardless of the educational institution, the students are struggling for their successful academic performance. They have to complete multiple academic papers on different topics. An illustration essay is one of these assignments. Of course, you may forget about your personal life and start examining your prompt, as well as some well-written examples, or you can just hire a professional essay writer and relax. It is hard to underestimate the importance of professional assistance in the student’s life. Having a trustworthy writing provider, the student can live a full life without compromising academic performance. When it comes to writing an illustration essay, you need to be very attentive because a single mistake will cost you a good grade. If you lack the time or inspiration to work on this task, you can always rely on us and we will not disappoint you. Our company has been providing students from all over the world with premium writing help for more than a decade. Our creative writing specialists know how to cope with various academic papers, including an illustration essay. Any paper created by our experts will be detailed and engaging enough to bring you the highest grade. Taking care of the needs of our clients, we never produce low-quality papers. All the essays we produce meet the highest academic standards and are authentic. Of course, many companies guarantee the high quality of writing but only Primeessays.com always keeps its promises. We do understand that our reputation in the market of academic writing depends mainly on our professionalism, as well as the way we treat our clients. Therefore, we provide all of them with the amazing benefits that turn our cooperation into a truly rewarding experience. Regardless of the complexity of your order or its urgency, you can get in touch with us and we will provide you with the impeccable piece.
300 words per page instead of 280
Revision within 2 days (on demand)
Advantages of Cooperation with Our Professional Writing Platform
Placing your order on our user-friendly website, you will get access to many fantastic benefits.
First and foremost, we guarantee that the quality of your paper will be marvelous because we hire only the well-educated writers and editors. What is more, we never assign our writers randomly but only after the careful examination of the client`s instructions. For instance, if you want to buy a management essay, we will assign a professional with a degree in Management.
Second, we guarantee that all the papers delivered to our clients are original. We scan every written paper through the latest plagiarism detection checkers to ensure its authenticity.
One more benefit of our custom essay writing service is our support team that is available online round-the-clock. If you have any questions about placing your order, reaching your writer, uploading files, or any other concern, you may turn to our support representatives and they will gladly guide you.
Another indicator of our professionalism is timely delivery. Even if your illustration essay is due in six hours, you can rely on us and we will not let you down. Our writers have excellent time-management skills, which allow them to meet the most limited time frames.
In case you are not fully satisfied with the quality of your paper, you can request a free revision within the first 48 hours after the order delivery and it will be improved right away according to your comments. To avoid revisions, we allow our clients to communicate with the writers directly through the convenient message system and monitor the order progress.
We assure you that there are many other privileges of being a customer at our trustworthy service. We treat all our clients as our good friends and strive to provide them with nothing but the best.
Wait No More! Buy an Illustration Essay Now and Get a Good Grade!
We assure you that placing your order here, you will be truly impressed by our professionalism and dedication. As a result of our cooperation, you will receive a flawless illustration essay that will bring you the expected outcome even if your teacher is very demanding. So, leave all your worries behind and let us take care of your task. We promise that you will not regret it!
Exploratory Essay Personal Essay Informal Essay Cause and Effect Essay Narrative Essay