Writing is an art that requires creativity, your thoughtfulness and clear ideation that could deliver the right information to the reader. No one is born writer so am I. When I think about my writing experience, I realize that with time I have improved a lot. Initially, I used to make many grammatical mistakes. In addition my sentences were lengthy and there were no synchronization between paragraphs.
I event changed my writing perception. Actually, I had to write a web content for a client, I finished the work on time but before emailing the content to the client, I thought to show the content to my senior. When he saw my content, he said that the content is good but there is no synchronization – he gave me some feedback and I carefully listened to him. After the feedback, I thought to improve my writing skills and for that I read many articles, and journals, and newspaper to know their writing style.
Today, I am happy that I have improved a lot and I don’t make any grammatical mistakes. Now, I can write my writing strengths and weaknesses, as I know which part of my writing is strong and which part is still weak.
My writing strengths:
Before writing an article, or web content – I do some research and gather ideas from different sources. Once I feel that all content is ready, I synchronize them in words and sentences.
- I always take extra care on grammar. If I am writing content in Present Tense, I make sure that the whole article should be in the same tense.
- I always write sentences in active voice.
- I use simple words in my sentence so that readers from diverse fields could easily understand my article.
My writing weaknesses
- Since “to err is human,” I do make mistakes in my writing. But the best part is that I know where I am doing mistakes.
- I often do mistakes while using articles. A, An, The really puzzle me a lot. But I am learning the art of using them in the right place.
- Again, I do mistakes in punctuation. I often do mistake while using colon, semicolon, and comma. I have read many tutorials but no one can master in one day. I am also improving with time.