- All Employees working with the Company are eligible for taking Leave.
- Leave shall be granted as per the convenience of the Company and should not be considered as a ‘Right’.
- Every leave will be granted with prior confirmation from the Competent Authority.
- The leave will get calculated on the basis of a financial year that is from April to March.
- Every employee is liable to apply for a leave as every leave will get counted at the rate of 2 days per month.
- A maximum of 5 continuous days can get considered under this Policy. Any extension to the period will get covered under Earn Leave.
- All the National/ Festival/ Declared/ weekly off days can be considerably prefixed and/or suffixed to the leave period.
- Intervening related to National /Festival /Declared holidays will not get into the counted phase of the leave.
- The total balanced leave that remains unutilized on the date of 31st March will be subject to encashment.
Notification for the Leave
No leave shall be granted without prior notification. A leave taken without any kind of prior sanction will be subject to explanation and pay deduction.
However, leave taken without any kind of prior sanction under some emergency or certain unavoidable circumstances, shall be subject to consideration by the management. In such cases, the applicant must inform the respective Competent Authority either through mail or telephone.
In case of any leave granted for the employee, the total period cannot exceed 12 days. Any extension for the same cannot be availed without prior intimation. The employee must join as soon as the leave period gets over. Restoring to the job is very necessary by the decided period.
Pay Benefits on Leave
The company offers pay benefits to its employees. These benefits are subject to avail only as per the recommendations made by the Competent Authority. The leaves that will be considered under this section can be noted as follow-
- Casual leave of 12 days, with prior intimation is subject to ‘Pay Benefits on Leave’. This can also be accumulated to 10 days through proper permission offered by the Competent Authority. In case of moving out of the town, the employee must take Headquarter leave permission and need to offer relevant address and telephone number to the Competent Authority; to be in touch in case of emergency or some urgency.
- Sick leave of 14 days, with prior intimation is subject to ‘Pay Benefits on Leave’. This can also be accumulated to 2 weeks through proper permission offered by the Competent Authority. The entire absent period under Sick Leave must get supported by Medical Certificate that is a written statements offered by a qualified medical practitioner with the explanation regarding the reason of absence and the related extension if any.
- Paid/Privilege Leave of 30 days, with prior intimation is subject to ‘Pay Benefits on Leave’. This can also be accumulated to 1 consecutive month through proper permission offered by the Competent Authority. All Employees who have successfully completed their probation period are eligible for this leave. For all the Permanent and Confirmed Employees, this leave gets granted for 30 days per financial year that is from April to March.
- All female employees the Company entitles ‘Maternity Benefit’ under the Maternity Benefit Act 1961. It is a leave of 180 days, with prior intimation is subject to ‘Pay Benefits on Leave’. The eligibility of this leave granted by the Company is counted for the period of the actual absent period followed by the female employee before and after her delivery. This is restricted up to 6 months. Extension of this kind of maternity leave can be accepted only through prior information followed by approval from the company or the concerned Authority.
To the Employer
The basic recommendation for the purpose of dealing with leave by the Company is to motivate working enthusiasm among the employees. The leaves are the opportunity that the management wants to offer to the employee, in order to support their family lives. It is important for the employer to make the employee understand that as the Company care for its employees, t he employee too need to understand the value of these concerns and offer best of their services in meeting organizational goals.
Maintenance of hierarchy and some kind of strict administrative attitudes, related to leave criteria is recommended. The employer need to be particular about the leave regulations but at the same time should be considerable enough in understanding the personal demands for leave of the employee. There is the need to identify the genuineness and enough capacity to detect the demand for the leave. Interference in the personal lives of the employee is not allowed to the employer, but an employer can always be a concern of welfare to the employee (Fact Sheet #28A).
In this context the employer need to keep under consideration the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA, 1993) and should offer necessary value to 1995 Auto Corp. under these act the public policy has considerable remained resistant to the status of relevant economic congestion (Calfeea and Clifford, 1998). In order to get excessive services from the resources, it is necessary to offer them with enough space to feel relieved in the time of stress. Leaves are the only solution to these circumstances. Cooperation of the employer in case of leaves can motivate the employee in offering better services and thus are recommended only through some strict regulations.