Check Out the Following Major Factors When Deciding on the Topic
Just like in any other types of business or academic writing, you need to consider your audience as well as its interests and needs. Whenever you are working on a white paper, keep in mind that you need to consider your audience, which may comprise either of new or potential clients to a specific service or loyal customers that have been with the company for long. As such, the information provided in the white paper should be written in a way accessible for comprehension both to the new clients and the old ones. If you can presume what questions in particular may be posed by your customers, make sure you provide answers to them when writing your white paper.
- Collect the necessary expertise
The information you provide should pinpoint to the company’s sphere of competence. You need to thoroughly investigate the company and focus both on its external and internal policy.
- Make the white paper based on problems and based on solutions
As you write a white paper, make sure you outline a specific problem or issue. It is important that the proper is topical, timely, and relevant for a specific period. It can be any problem regardless of its main focus. For example, you can investigate new trends, comparison of the industry with the other companies, as well as the changing techniques.
How to Prepare a Successful White Paper?
Conduct an in-depth research
When you choose a specific topic to discuss, you need to make sure that you research it inside out. Make sure you devote sufficient time for gathering information from credible and legitimate sources. Use online references, scholarly databases, credible books, and peer-reviewed articles. If a company has an official website, you can extract valuable data and statistical information from there. It is essential for a white paper to contain sufficient supporting information. On the whole, you should use expert knowledge and implement specific research features into the paper to make it credible and trustworthy. Any information taken from the outside sources should be properly cited and referenced.
Pay attention to the other white papers
You can find white paper templates online. If you wonder how to find white papers, please consider that they can be easily ordered from our custom writing service or be downloaded from our website. If you order the paper, then you will get a piece of original writing provided to you according to custom requirements. However, if you download the paper online for free, you can merely use it as a template if you know what is a white paper format, etc.
Use a mind map
To ease the task of monitoring a vast variety of sources and ideas, make sure you use a mind map. With its help, you will be able to devise a catalog of helpful sources.
How to Format a White Paper?
Despite the fact that all white papers are different and each of them should maintain its unique style, there are widely accepted standards of white paper writing. For example, the overall format resembles that of a business report but there are numerous major differences:
- The conclusion in a white paper is placed at the end of the paper. It may seem as a logical fact for you but many types of business writing, such as proposals or reports, place the conclusive information at the beginning of the document. In white paper writing, however, the conclusion should be placed at the end to ensure that the reader properly understands the whole problem.
- Provide subheadings. With the help of subheadings, your readers will find it easier to navigate through the paper and easily find the required information.
- Formulate a proper title. The title you choose should accurately reflect the content of the paper. Moreover, it should be appealing to the reader and be able to maintain attention on reading from beginning to the end.
- Provide an abstract. The abstract should be a brief synopsis of your white paper and should precisely reflect on what information you cover. Moreover, after reading the abstract, the reader should get the main facts about the company discussed in the white paper.
- Formulate a problem statement. When formulating the problem statement, please provide details on the issue under analysis. You will have to provide a definition of the problem as well as discuss the background information (the context) of the problem.
- Provide a separate paragraph with background information. With the help of the background information provided, the readers should be able to grasp the general idea of your white paper. Moreover, they should gain deeper understanding about the context of the problem, the possible solution, and recommendations aimed to change the situation for the better.
- Provide an overview of methodology if your research is original and does not rely on any expert evidence.
- Discuss the solution. Present the solution to the problem in a clear way. Make sure the solution is grounded on the collected expert evidence.
- Write a conclusive paragraph. Sum up the major findings of the paper. Make sure the conclusion stems from the proposed recommendations.
- Provide a list of references. Format and cite the sources used in the paper according to the required citation style. Strictly adhere to the guidelines.
Since white papers belong to some of the most effective marketing tools, you need to make sure you write your white paper effectively. It brings numerous benefits to customers; particularly it helps to attract a new clientele base. If you cannot manage your white paper assignment on your own, feel free to order a white paper from our custom writing company. Our company has gained an invaluable reputation over the years and has managed to help numerous customers from all over the world. You can rely on us regardless of the paper complexity, format, and paper requirements.